Sunday, September 1, 2013

LETS HAVE COFFEE



I love our catch up over a warm cup of coffee. Whenever you're happy or sad and even after work, it is nice to lounge around in a coffee shop with friends to talk about anything under the sun. Well for me it is my favorite past time. So now in this virtual world where I cant have coffee with all of you, for the meantime lets do our catch up in a form of virtual coffee talk, with you being my good listener/reader (no choice for you!haha) and me being the selfish talker. (In a world where people talk more than listening). So please bear with me, as i haven't updated you, my readers (Gosh I wish I even have a few besides my mom and my brother haha) with the latest things that has happened to me in these past few months.

WELL I STOPPED WRITING FOR A WHILE SIMPLY BECAUSE I NEED CHANGE! 

This quote struck me by Robin Sharma " FOCUS plus TIME equals GENIUS" While average people focus on 100 things, performers  are focused on just few things REALLY REALLY WELL.

I NEED CHANGE..I NEED PROMOTION IN MY CAREER. I DONT WANT TO BE STAGNANT so I APPLIED THE "PARETOS LAW the 20/80 rule". For some of you who doesn't know the Paretos Law it is 20 percent of our efforts that brings 80 percent effect in our lives. Or vice versa, 80 percent of our efforts will only bring 20 percent effect in our lives.

It is very good for people like me to use the 20/80 rule to better manage my time as I love to do 100 things all at the same time which makes me an average performer in my job or even in life in general. So the key is to just FOCUS ON JUST FEW THINGS AT A TIME.

After 3 months of dropping most of my "not so important activities" and just focusing on my goal related activities, I achieved the change and promotion that I needed. The Part Time trainer that I have always wanted and the Cabin Senior position which makes me in charge of economy.



NEXT CHANGE? I've got a new flatmate and this is my good friend MAY. 



Well if anyone of you who doesn't know May as i believe i don't mention her very often in this blog but I've known her for 5 years and we work in the same company as flight attendants. I believe I've known her on a deeper level when she became my flatmate recently. Although I was expecting that we would have some disagreements right here and there as we were both friends living in one roof but it became a totally different case for us. We clicked as flatmates and our relationship is very harmonious as we are both open minded and understanding with each others weaknesses. 
I believe she's one of my genuine and very supportive friend. When we both applied as part time trainers, she got the interview first but she gave me all the tips, gave me all the encouragement, listened and couched me in my presentation a hundred times for me to be totally ready for my panel interview and presentation. Woke up at 5am, drove me in my interview and waited for me to finish.  

I've realized over the years that we don't really need "best friends" but we need "true friends". 


MAY AS A FRIEND DOESN'T HAVE AN EGO...

I believe May doesn't have the "what's in it for me?" syndrome. In a world where "friends" today are all about "networking" to advance our career and connect us to power or prestige (although I am not saying there is something wrong with that) it's just that we need more true friends who will constantly remind us of the true meaning of friendship which is NOT "What's in it for me?" but rather "what's in it for you?"

A true friend by definition is loyal when you make it hard to be loyal.
A true friend is the first to call in good times or in bad.
A true friend just gives and gives and wants no payment. They don't have the "what's in it for me?" syndrome.

In Biblical context: Your friend who loves you "as himself or herself " is a biblical definition of a true friend.

In the book of Proverbs it says "One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a true friend who sticks closer than a brother". 

So if you have a true friend don't let him/her go. Nurture the relationship as much as you can. A true friend are rare species these days because I believe everybody needs a true friend. And I mean EVERYBODY

2 comments:

  1. I like your introduction of the syndrome WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME. Interesting. Great to encounter friends who are genuine.

    ReplyDelete