Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Life is Short, Stay Awake for it



I just saw this ad of Carrebou coffee and I find it so catchy. "LIFE IS SHORT, STAY AWAKE FOR IT". This reminds me of the importance of living life full out. But how can we live life full out when we have low energy? I believe ENERGY is one of the key ingredients of living a full life. If you don't have so much energy within you, you won't be at your best, you won't stay positive and you won't even have the energy to reach all your goals in life.

Speaking of energy, it always reminds me of my friend MEHDI who recently passed away. Whenever I hear his name, it always reminds me of ENERGY. He is the type of person who is always full of energy, full of life. He cannot sit around in one corner and do nothing. He works in Etihad like me but as Cabin Manager. 

Whenever he goes on a layover, he always do something adventurous. Like his trip to Kathmandu, I remember him telling me this, going out early morning, taking the risky BUDDHA AIRPLANE to the Himalayas with the crew. Why am I saying risky BUDDHA AIR? Because it is a small aircraft that goes to the HIMALAYAS for a tour and a lot of aircraft accidents happen in that company.

Risky for people who are not so RISK TAKERS like me. But for MEHDI who lives life full out, he still went and took risk and was able to see the beautiful scenery of the HIMALAYAS.

I don't know what got into him but he suddenly got into sports all of a sudden. He just told me that he is going to be a triathlete so he can convert his energy to something more productive. He formed a group here in ABU DHABI called LE TRI TUKO. He became a living example and role model to people from chubby to being extremely fit because of his sport.




I used to go out for coffee or lunch with him every now and then, and have met his beautiful wife. I enjoy our usual conversations about our "big plans" in life because we are both "dreamers" in our fields. Whenever I see him, he always asks me the same question when am I going to buy a bike to join their group? I was about to buy a bike when the sad news came that he got ran out by a 4x4 car while he was on bike training. More than a week in coma and he died.  

Pictures, stories about him and fond memories of my friend MEHDI flooded my Facebook newsfeed. He touched so many people's lives because of his positivity and kindness. I guess this never goes out of style.


             "Adore your loved ones, you'll miss them when they are gone".


Written by one of the members of LE TRI TUKO


Why I am saying this? Because the story of my friend MEHDI reminds me of 

this quote "LIFE IS SHORT, STAY AWAKE FOR IT."

Experience what you need to experience NOW because you never know what tomorrow brings. 

But for me, I don't want to say life is short, because I want me and my family and friends to live a long life possibly till 100 y/o. 

So let me edit this CARREBOU AD by NOT saying LIFE IS SHORT because it 

brings a negative connotation to it, but rather 


"LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL, STAY AWAKE FOR IT"


CHEERS!

1 comment: