Saturday, March 1, 2014

100 Happy Days




Isn't it amazing to think that we can be happy for 100 days straight? Without the roller coaster feeling of Happy Sad Happy. I was browsing my instagram newsfeed one morning and there was this one celebrity, posting a picture with a caption #100HappyDays. I was wondering what it was and I just assumed it was probably some guy who promised her that he will make her happy for 100 days straight.

Anyway I totally forgot about it, when my bestfriend sent me a link about 100happydays.com and asked me to read the mechanics and to join the 100 happy day challenge with her.

I didn't know that it was a challenge for yourself, that if you finish it for 100 happy days people claimed to: 

  • start noticing what makes them happy
  • Be in a better mood everyday
  • start receiving more compliments from people 
  • Realize how lucky they are to have the life they have
  • Become more optimistic etc
 According to the site you can receive a little 100 page book with your 100 happy days. For me, I don't really care about the book that I will receive from that site, I care about what the challenge would bring for me. I believe its a pretty healthy habit to count the good things in our days in a form of pictures. 

Believe it or not I've been doing this every morning for the past 2 years already and I list down 10 things I am grateful for the day. It just trains my mind to see the big and the little blessings of life. How brilliant can this 100 happy day idea, to make a challenge in a form of pictures that makes it more lively, exciting and real each and everyday, because most of us works well with visuals (pictures) rather than text. 

I've been in a reflective mood today and I would like to share to you my sentiments. This is what happens when you get a day of free time.One of the commitments that I have set for myself regarding the remaining days of my life
(like this long running soap opera in the states) is to insist on bringing the experiences that I want without waver. Because how many of us don't plan our days and just leave it to chance. If I don't like the experience an event or a relationship will bring, I dismiss it. I do something else. Why force something that will not make you happy?

 I want to reach my old age where I can write about an autobiography of my life of how exciting the journey has been, not how boring or how neutral my days has been or how I compromised that resulted in mediocre days. I believe everyday counts and everyday should bring a smile on our faces only if we just really persist on finding "something" to make us smile. It can be a just a simple but delicious ice coffee that we had during one of our meetings at work on a busy day. No matter how small or big things are, I think joining this 100 happy day challenge is a good training for our minds to be conscious that happiness comes in big and small packages each and everyday. 

I am excited to plan my days now because I wanted to put something fun on my 100 happy day challenge. I really put an effort each and everyday to find something to be happy about.

For some of you who like to join the challenge visit www.100happydays.com





2 comments:

  1. This is so excting, I'd like to try this too. I myself hae counted everyday as a day of blessing, and being blessed everyday, makes it a "Happy Day" too! Thanks for the inspiration .....

    ReplyDelete